Head of Department: Ms. C Wilkinson
If you wish to learn more about the curriculum, please contact the Head of Department by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Exam Board: Edexcel
Exam Board specification weblink: https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/edexcel-a-levels/politics-2017.html
|Year 12 Topics
|Year 13 Topics
- UK Politics: Democracy & participation, political parties, electoral systems, voting behavior, the media.
- Core Politics Ideas: Liberalism, Conservatism, Socialism.
- UK Goverment: The Constitution, Prime Minister & the Executive, relationships between the branches of government.
- Non-core Political Ideas (one of the following): Multiculturalism, Nationalism, Feminism, Ecologism, Anarchism
- The Government and Politics of the USA: The US constitution, federalism, US congress, US presidency, US Supreme Court, civil rights, US democracy & participation, comparative theories.
Paper 1: UK Politics & Core Political Ideas
Paper 2: UK Government & Non-Core Political Ideas Paper 3: Comparative Politics (USA)
How It Work – Parliament, Government, Democracy and You – Booklet