There are three exam papers at GCSE:
1. Living with the Physical Environment (1.5 hours) – 35%.
2. The World Around Us (1.5 hours) – 35%
3. Geographical Skills (1.5 hours) – 30% (based on two field trips and a pre-release booklet available from the March before the exam)
Exam Board: AQA
Exam board specification weblink: http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/geography/gcse/geography-8035
Year 10 Topics
Year 11 Topics
Revision Guides for the new GCSE - all pdf. Written by the department for the students.
For a skills work booklet click here (general skills required for the GCSE, which can be examined across all three papers).
Living with the Physical Environment topics (Physical paper)
- Living World click here (not quite finished yet, but published as it is - more to come)
- Physical Landscapes in the UK click here
- Natural Hazards click here
The World Around Us topics (Human paper)
- Urban issues and Challenges click here
- Challenge of Resource Management click here
- The Changing Economic World click here (not quite ready yet)
Geography Paper 3
We will produce a 'mock' paper in the style of the sample paper that AQA produced when the specification was released. This will appear here soon.