National Careers Week
2nd - 6th March 2015
Schools, colleges, universities and employers across the country will be using this week to talk about careers and opportunities for the future
At Oaklands, we’re using the week to focus on how you can use the careers provision in school to help you plan your future
So throughout the week there will be:
- Careers Activities in registration time each day
- Careers Treasure Hunt – visit the Careers Room next to the library each day and answer the question you will find there, using the resources provided. Post your answers for the whole week in the box provided in the Careers Room by Monday 9th March. The first correct answer drawn in each year group will win £10 of shopping vouchers!
- Careers drop-in in the Careers Room at break every day this week - a different focus each day – with Briony and Steve, the Oaklands careers advisers, and Mrs Payne, the careers co-ordinator at school:
Monday: STEM careers (Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths)
Thursday: Work experience and how you can find it
Friday: Networking and Social Media – how do others see you?
- Are you a drama queen, a dance diva or a musical maestro? R block foyer hosts an exhibition on performing arts related careers all week.
- Use the new Resource Companion on the careers section of the school website to get inspiration for your future